FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JUNE 18, 2018 -- CARLSTADT K-8 BOARD OF EDUCATION BOARD
The Carlstadt K-8 Board of Education Board Nomination Petitions Available- Due July 30, 2018
- Monitor student
- Set district policies and
- Provide financial
- Approve Human Resources recommendations and evaluate the Superintendent.
- Serve as the communications link between the community and the School
- To fill vacancies on the Board of
Board members are required to attend meetings approximately twice per month and serve on committees that require an additional time commitment.
These positions will be effective through the Board’s Reorganization Meeting in January 2019. These positions will be placed on the ballot at the annual election, scheduled in November 2018. The winners will fill a 3 year term from January 2019 through January 2022.
To become a member of a local Board of Education in New Jersey, you must be:
- A citizen of the United States of America
- At least 18 years of age
- Able to read and write
- A resident of Carlstadt for at least one (1) year preceding the date of the Appointment.
- Have no interest in any contract with, or claim, against the Board
- Registered to vote in the district
- Not disqualified as a voter pursuant to NJSA 19:4-1
The candidates must file a nominating petition with the county clerk for his or her name to appear on the ballot during the Annual School Election. The deadline to submit the nominating petition is 4:00
p.m. Monday, July 30, 2018. The election is scheduled for Tuesday, November 6, 2018.