Chromebooks Students in grades Kindergarten through 8th grade will receive a Chromebook, charger and case at no cost to the parents. We need the parents to help us to make sure your child comes to school with a charged Chromebook each day. We also ask that your child report to their teacher or the IT department should you have any issue with the device.
What if my Chromebook stops working or requires repair?
There are four ways to get help:
- Report the problem to your teacher
- Submit a request for assistance. Email: IT@carlstadtps.org
- Call 201-672-3000 x 3008 or 201-672-3009 during school hours
- Stop by the Technology office anytime during school hours - my door is always open to students and staff for help!
Technician - Lucas Klemer
We use Common Sense Media curriculum in the classroom to teach internet safety. These materials are free, but registration is required to download resources. Common Sense Media empowers students to think critically, behave safely and participate responsibly in our digital world. The cross-curricular approach covers:
- Media Balance & Well-Being
- Privacy & Security
- Digital Footprint & Identity
- Relationships & Communication
- Cyberbullying & Digital Drama
- News & Media Literacy
Families are welcome to use these materials at home with their children. Teachers, students and parents may browse the entire list of lessons online.